Note: This regional GMM city list is only through 2012. For the latest worldwide GMM city list go here.
The Global Marijuana March (GMM) is also known as the Million Marijuana March (MMM), and various other names. GMM events worldwide are held the first Saturday in May, or thereabouts, depending on the city. See Global Marijuana March links for many links for reports, photos, videos, press, media, posters, maps, flyers, etc.. See also: Legality of cannabis by country.
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
Error: Image is invalid or non-existent.
- 15 cities in Russia (in Asia and Europe) have signed up one or more years since 1999. (Note: To edit this list click any city, or see Template:GMM cities Russia).
|2 May 2019:|
23 Feb 2019: Trump Continued to Flip-Flop on Medical Marijuana.
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
Share link: Obama.
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
Above quote is from Sanjay Gupta interview of Obama on April 15, 2015. Interview aired on CNN on April 19, 2015. .
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. . Attorney General Eric Holder (2009-2015) under President Obama. 25 Sep 2014.
The quote from John Ehrlichman (in 1994) is from an April 2016 Dan Baum article in Harper's Magazine: Legalize It All. How to win the war on drugs. Quote: “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”
For info to continue below click Full Site link:
To Top or End. Click for site navigation links at top. Mobile has three-line hamburger menu. See: