|Canada and Portugal. Vs USA|
Compare to the USA:
- 1 Table top
- 2 Top
- 3 Drug war. A war on the poor
- 4 Republicans lower minimum wage!
- 5 In jail for being in debt
- 6 Inflation-adjusted wages are flat
- 7 Canadian alternative to trickle-down
- 8 U.S. household debt at all time high
- 9 US student debt. 1 in 4 adults
- 10 Drug War & Trickle Down Economics
- 11 Site navigation
- 12 Cannabis is safer.
- 13 Far-right Republicans
- 14 GOP taxes screw middle class
- 15 US has stingiest minimum wage
- 16 US has high wealth inequality
- 17 US has high income inequality
- 18 Massive US household debt
- 19 Massive US medical debt
- 20 Stagnant US wages
- 21 President Eisenhower. 1953
- 22 His 91% top marginal tax rate
- 23 Equaled prosperity for more
- 24 President Abraham Lincoln
- 25 Overpopulation = Warming
- 26 Categories
- Share links: control and inequality and Trickle-down. This article was written by Timeshifter. See also: Holy War on Drugs, Republican-led mass incarceration. And: Vote out most Republicans.
Drug war. A war on the poor
A tool in its quest for ever more wealth and power. At whatever the cost. With income inequality at record levels there is a need for greater control of the population. Through mass incarceration, felon disenfranchisement, gerrymandering, voter registration hurdles, constant surveillance, ever-morphing "enemies", and a war economy. Never-ending religious wars and ground wars in the Middle East, and a war at home called the war on drugs. It is a ruthless racist war on people and neighborhoods.
- Award-Winning Documentary: Drug War Continues to Target the Poor. By Charlotte Dean. 4 Nov 2013.
- The War on Drugs is a War on Minorities and the Poor. By Erik Kain. 28 June 2011. Forbes.
- Decriminalizing Poverty. America doesn't have a drug problem. It has a poverty problem. 9 Dec 2010. The Nation.
- The War on Drugs and the New Jim Crow. By Michelle Alexander. Spring 2010.
- Black-White Wealth Gap at 24-Year High. See Race, ethnicity, drug war. .
Republicans lower minimum wage!
Americans Deserve A Living Wage. Video created by Bernie Sanders site.
|New Republican governor (of Kentucky)|
2. Jan 4, 2017 article.
In jail for being in debt
- More Americans are in debt than ever - and some are being jailed for it, ACLU says. By Scott Berson. Feb. 22, 2018.
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2.3.4. See: video. Jail costs a lot more than unpaid fines. Community service is better. It saves tax money on jail, and on city cleanup work. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money. And: Senator Kamela Harris push for bail reform.|
Inflation-adjusted wages are flat
Canadian alternative to trickle-down
|Canada's new Liberal government repeats promise to legalize marijuana. "Trudeau’s pledge to|
Dec. 4, 2015 article.
U.S. household debt at all time high
|US spent $3.3 trillion on healthcare in 2017. (2.3.4.). Canada spent half as much per person, and got better outcomes. 63% of Americans support a "Medicare-for-all" system. (22.214.171.124.6.)|
US student debt. 1 in 4 adults
Facebook video: $1.5 trillion in student debt. U.S. Senator Bernie Sanders. Read the comments. They are amazing. See Wikipedia: Student debt. Roughly 1 in 4 adults. No bankruptcy rights. Much higher interest rates. Lifetime debt. Modern loansharking and predatory lending, approved by Republicans.
Drug War & Trickle Down Economics
Reagan's war on cannabis is where the U.S. incarceration nation began. US Republicans block full marijuana legalization since cannabis reform is the means to ending the Drug War, which is the key to mass incarceration and mass control.
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|
Trickle-down Reaganomics, a child's course in economics.
Record high in the Dow, but median wage remains stagnant. . Republicans block cannabis legislation and minimum wage increases. Real (inflation-adjusted) wages for most Americans have remained stagnant for decades. Note also the incredible transfer of wealth from the bottom 90% to the top 0.1%.
- 2014: UK conservatives also like drug war , and taxing, underpaying, and pillaging the poor and middle class .
- U.S. Household Incomes: A 46-Year Perspective. September 17, 2014 by Doug Short.
- US wealth inequality - top 0.1% worth as much as the bottom 90%. By Angela Monaghan. 13 Nov 2014. The Guardian.
- Reaganism collapses: Tax cuts for rich made Kansas broke — so Republicans raise taxes on poor. April 22, 2015. Raw Story. .
- The Great American Hustle: How The One Percent Mauled The Middle Class. 
- Reaganism collapses: Tax cuts for rich made Kansas broke — so Republicans raise taxes on poor. April 22, 2015. Raw Story. 
- Incredible transfer of wealth from the bottom 90% to the top 0.1%.
- Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1%.
Click for site navigation links at top. Mobile has three-line hamburger menu.